Sunday, June 17, 2007

DJ's First Fighting Tournament

DJ had his first "fighting" tournament yesterday. Although he was the favorite (well, more like teacher's pet) for his division, he did not medal. He froze up during competition and didn't use his super turbo kick during his fight. In class, no one could get a hit or kick in because he was so fast with his hits and kicks. At the tournament, he didn't throw too many kicks at all. He did manage to land one of the few kicks that he did do, though.

He was actually ahead for awhile, but then the other kid came back kicking and scored points quickly that way.

DJ had a winning attitude, though. After not medaling he told me "Mommy I didn't get a medal, but I am still a winner." Later that day, he even said "I will just wear the medal I already have."

In the pictures, DJ is the kid on the left.


1 comment:

Freefall Jones said...

Whoa! That was an awesome kick!