Monday, January 7, 2008

Mommy's Supermodels

This Christmas, one of the gifts that I requested was a DVD set on photography for parents from this site - http://www.refusetosaycheese.com/. I watched them on Christmas and LOVED them.

Now...my poor kids have to endure mommy with a camera at any moment of the day. Before, I tried to take pictures of them at least once a week. Now...the camera is out all the time and they just aren't safe anymore. :)

Because of the DVDs, I now have the confidence to move outside of my photography comfort zone and photograph other familes and children.

Because of this new confidence, one of my 2008 new year's resolutions is to start building a photography business. I am excited about this and already have a few photo sessions in the midst of getting scheduled. I am just waiting for the rainy days to go away before getting them scheduled! I AM SOOO EXCITED!!

Thank you to my friends and Doyle for encouraging me!

Since watching the DVDs, I have been using the child that stays still the most (aka CODY) as my model. DJ already knows to hide when the camera comes out. :)

So far, I only have one of DJ without him turning his head or sticking his tongue out.

Here are a few of the kids' latest pictures:
























1 comment:

Freefall Jones said...

Aww. That's nice to let Xena in on the action.