Sunday, June 29, 2008

DJ's Birthday Bear Picture

I can't believe DJ is already 5. Where did the time go? He starts school in August. :(

Here is DJ's birthday picture with the blue bear. I'm so glad he enjoys taking pictures with the bear for his birthday!

He asked me if he would still had to take pictures with the bear when he turned 1 million 12 years old. My answer - OF COURSE! :)









Here is a little montage of years past with the blue bear.

1st Birthday -



2nd birthday -



3rd birthday -



4th birthday -



And the most recent - 5th birthday!



History of the bear -
How did the tradition of the birthday picture with the bear come along? Well....

On the day DJ was born, mama and papa Cruz saw this giant bear in the hospital gift shop. The feet say "baby boy".

As we were laying in our beds, in walked this bear with papa. It was DJ's first stuffed animal on his birth day. That was when I decided that the bear would be a great tool to see just how big DJ (and now Cody, too) gets each year. I am hoping they cooperate and let me take their picture every year until they are 18....or if I can push it...forever! :)

Funny how giant that bear seemed when he was born. Now, it is his wrestling buddy since they are the same size!

No comments: