Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Valentine’s Day

Cody had a Valentine’s Day party at school on Wednesday and because he is still a die-hard Yo Gabba Gabba fan after 2.5 years so it was only appropriate to make Yo Gabba Gabba Valentine’s for him.

_MG_2683 _MG_2682

He had a fun party at school and was excited to show me his “Valentine Box” of goodies! He proudly carried it from his classroom to the car and sat in on his lap the whole ride home (with a smile on his face). I had to snap a pic with my phone camera  because he was just so cute with it!

CodyValentineBox

This is the coveted box that he made at school. The top is covered in red heart stickers.

_MG_2703

When we opened the box to unveil its contents,

_MG_2758 

he lost interest and moved on. Apparently, he just wanted the covered box. :)

DJ’s Valentine’s party was on Friday so he prepared his Valentine’s all by himself.

_MG_2749

He came home with a goody bag, too, and couldn’t wait to look in the bag to see what fun cards and treats he received.

_MG_2773

_MG_2775

He even had a sweet card for his dad and I.

_MG_2781 

What I love most is that he said “I know I don’t go by DJ at school, but I asked the teacher if I could sign it “DJ” since that is what you guys call me.” (He goes by Doyle at school – a decision he made when he started kindergarten.)

_MG_2783

DJ woke up on Valentine’s Day with a sore throat and fever, but his Valentine goodies made him feel a little better.

_MG_2820

Cody was too busy reading the cover of his Blue’s Clue’s Valentine DVD cover to look at the camera for a picture. ;)

_MG_2827

No comments: