Thursday, July 3, 2008

80's Themed Party

Last weekend, my cousin Marie turned 40 and to honor the big 4-0, her family and friends threw her an 80's themed birthday party. Teri and I were SO excited and couldn't wait to get dolled up for the event!

Doyle went as a Vanilla Ice wanting to look like MC Hammer wannabe. :) The pants were courtesy of Ebay. Don't you love the elastic ankle cuffs and velcro waist closure??

DJ was dressed in an Adidas outfit sporting his "DJ MC" shirt. Cody would have worn the same outfit had he gone to the party. We were going to be out late so instead he stayed home with mama and papa.

I couldn't get my hair to go as high as it used to be (it was about 1/2 what I could make it do before!). Maybe it's because I didn't have the right hairspray - aquanet! I spent at least 2 of my 3 years of high school wearing skirts over leggings so it was only appropriate that I pay tribute to my old fashion.



Don't you just LOVE Teri's outfit??? The color are almost blinding. And those jelly shoes...ah...flashbacks...

Funny thing about my brother's outfit is his is EXACTLY how he used to dress in high school -paisley shirt, suspenders, pegged pants and deck shoes (or whatever they are called).



Love the WHITE shades!



Run DMC never looked THIS good!





Teri and I had to do the ol' skool "posing on the stairs" shot.



Almost all the guests got into the theme and dressed up. There were famous people there, too.

George Michael



and Prince



Look at my man...girls...hold yourselves back!!!!



What a group...can you imagine if they all went to the mall dressed like this?





Marie's son as one of Run DMC.



Her hubby as the other part. :)



Oh so stylish!



The birthday girl is on the right. I hope I look half as good as she does when I turn 40!



Who you gonna call???

Ghostbusters AND a Jedi to help fight the ghosts and goblins!



The prom queen has arrived!



Isn't she just the cutest? I know you want to pinch those cheeks. What little girl's ensemble isn't complete without a sailor outfit? I know I had one in the 80s...okay the 70s, but whose counting?



The other DJ MC.



What's a party without dancing?

DJ once again proved what a little party animal he was by taking the center of the dance floor to bust a move. He even pointed out people he didn't know to battle them in a dance off. He won every time and made sure to tell me "mommy, I beat them!"

It's a good thing that dancing is something he didn't inherit from his dad. The boy has rythm!! You have done your mommy proud! :) You stay on the dance floor all night just like your mom!! :)



The back spin...GO DJ..GO DJ



DJ enjoyed Vanessa's moves and copied some of them, too!

No comments: