Thursday, April 17, 2008

How Sweet It Is...

I have always wanted to take a cake decorating class, but because of the time of the classes in San Diego and Doyle's work hours, I never had the chance to take a class.

Now, that we have moved and have grandparents to help watch the kids, the first thing I did when we arrived here was sign up for a cake decorating class!

Last week was the first class. We watched the teacher show us how to frost a cake properly. Not so fun.

This week, though, we made our own cakes and frosted them at home then brought them to class to decorate them. YEAH! Hands on!!!

We learned how to make stars, wavy lines and practice writing. I'm not very good at the writing so I need to practice.

At the end of class, we used the star method to create a rainbow on our cake. My carpal tunnel was killing me, but I made it through the rainbow! :) (Just don't look too close to the rainbow or you will notice gaps inbetween the pink stars. That's when the carpal tunnel was REALLY bothering me)


Next week, we make clowns.

No comments: